Tuesday, June 5, 2012

What's In My Grocery Cart?

Confused on what foods are good for you? I don't blame you. It isn't difficult to find food that claim to be  "light", "fat-free", "low calorie" "low sugar" or "low carb" but that doesn't necessarily make it healthy! (more often than not, you should probably start running in the other direction) I made a list of the foods I stick with when I hit the grocery store.

PROTEIN

Chicken Breast
Ground Turkey (I stick with 99% but 93% is always an option)
Turkey Breast (I'm not talkin deli meats - loaded with sodium)
Protein Shakes
Egg Whites
Sirloin Steak
Tuna
Salmon
Haddock
Cod
Shrimp
Ground Buffalo

CARBOHYDRATES 

Oatmeal
Sweet Potato
Ezekial Bread
Ezekial Pasta
Unsalted Rice Cakes
Fruit (apples, bananas, berries, grapefruit, pineapple, melon)

Vegetables

Brocolli
Asparagus
Dark Green Lettuce
Edamame
Spinach
Green Beans
Celery
Cucumber
Green/Red Peppers
Zucchini
Onion
Tomato

FATS

Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Coconut Oil
Peanut Butter
Almond Butter
Avocado
Flax Seed
Unsalted Mix Nuts (almonds, pecans, walnuts, brazilian nuts, hazelnuts... I love them all!)

Supplements 

Chewy Multi Vitamin
Chia Seeds
Fish Oil
Glutamine

Other (Must Haves)

Unsweetened Almond Milk
Ms. Dash
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder
Lemons
Cinnamon
Crystal Light (on occasion)
Sugar-free gum
Sugar-free popsicles
Sugar-free Cool Whip (on occasion)

There are other healthy foods that you can incorporate into what you choose to eat. Look for food that arent over processed. It's important to eat clean, better nutrition = better results!

Have a food your on the fence about? Want a second opinion? Email me at LoveHardLiftHeavy@gmail.com! Thanks guys :) xo

No comments:

Post a Comment